If you’re a driver in Garden Grove, it’s important to know that a malfunctioning fuel injector can cause damage to other parts of your engine over time. And if you’re a driver in Garden Grove who doesn’t know what a fuel injector is, it’s an electronically operated mechanical device responsible for injecting the correct amount of gasoline into the engine to ensure optimal combustion. Fuel injectors also need to disperse fuel at the right pressure, angle, and spray pattern to keep your engine running smoothly.
To keep your vehicle running properly, it’s essential to keep your fuel injector system in good working order. Here are some symptoms that may indicate your vehicle needs fuel injection repair:
- Knocking sounds and excessive vibration could be caused by a partially blocked fuel injector, which prevents the correct amount of fuel from entering the engine cylinder.
- A faulty fuel injector can trigger an engine misfire and cause the engine management light to come on. Depending on which injector is affected, different management lights may come on.
- Trouble starting your vehicle or a failure to start at all may be due to a leaky injector, which can cause the fuel pressure in the fuel rail to drop. If you smell unburnt gasoline coming from the engine bay, it may be a sign of a leaky fuel injector.
- A dysfunctional fuel injector can decrease your engine’s overall fuel economy. If the injector isn’t functioning properly, the engine control unit may over-fuel and use more fuel than necessary.
- A poorly performing fuel injector can affect the engine’s torque, acceleration, and power, even if the injectors are just dirty.
- The solenoid at the top of the fuel injector produces a magnetic field that pulls up the injector pintle when energized. If the injector doesn’t function correctly, the magnetic field won’t be powerful enough to open the injector all the way. Resistance problems with the injector solenoid can also cause other issues.
Regular maintenance and timely fuel injector repairs are crucial for keeping your engine parts in good working order. With some TLC and proper care, your fuel injector can last the life of the engine.
If your vehicle is showing any of the above signs or you believe your vehicle’s needs fuel injector repair or are not sure and would like to have your brakes inspected, call Orozco’s Auto Service of Garden Grove today at (714) 537-0076. Keep your vehicle in good condition and ensure the safety of yourself, your loved ones, and those around you!
Orozco’s Auto Service Garden Grove – Orange County CA
12776 Nutwood Street Garden Grove, CA 92840
Call Today: 714-537-0076 – Auto/Fleet/Diesel Service Repairs
Orozco’s Auto Service has five convenient locations throughout Los Angeles and Orange Counties Long Beach, Bellflower, Garden Grove or Fullerton!